Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Thanks Guys I will revisit  and  look at all the items listed and see
if there is something I have overlooked. We are currently working on a
repaint of the car so its not being driven at the moment.

On Apr 23, 2008, at 8:01 PM, Tom Jennings wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Ray Mick wrote:
>
>> If the adjusters were on the wrong side (left vs right) the adjuster
>> would continually get looser and looser not get tighter. and get so
>
> Oh duh, you are correctof course. The left/right brake balance
> would be off, but not from over-tight, from over-loose. My bad!
>

> If no parts are broken or misassembled, then it's the ratchet
> on the adjuster tightening the brakes upon application. If the
> ratchet is working correctly, then the shoe is moving too far,
> or some other part is moving to accomplish a similar action.

Ray Mick
Somewhere in Kansas
"The older I get the faster I was"
72 Javelin/AMX