Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

If the adjusters were on the wrong side (left vs right) the adjuster
would continually get looser and looser not get tighter. and get so
tight that when you check the drag you have to back that side off to
get the drag set correctly again.
On Apr 22, 2008, at 11:36 PM, Tom Jennings wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Ray Mick wrote:
>
>> I have a 71 Javelin 6 cylinder with 9 inch drums I have yet to figure
>> out why one adjuster continually gets tighter and tighter and the car
>> starts pulling done everything you have to this point and still no
>> luck Hoping you would come up with the answer. Next thing to do is to
>> put on discs.
>
> It's gotta be wrong (left vs. right) adjuster on the
> ever-tightening side... right hand thread on the left wheel
> and left hand thread on the right wheel.

Ray Mick
Somewhere in Kansas
"The older I get the faster I was"
72 Javelin/AMX