Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

I have a 71 Javelin 6 cylinder with 9 inch drums I have yet to figure
out why one adjuster continually gets tighter and tighter and the car
starts pulling done everything you have to this point and still no
luck Hoping you would come up with the answer. Next thing to do is to
put on discs.
On Apr 22, 2008, at 6:21 PM, Bruce Griffis wrote:
> I think I'm going to smack myself. Backed it up, came to a FULL stop,
> doing a little better. Drove it around the neighborhood while kids
> were at school. Took my hands off the steering wheel and braked while
> the car was in gear. Steering wheel did not pull. Did it again while
> the car was coasting. Stayed nice and straight. Did it again and it
> pulled a bit to the left. Must be something stupid (like pop the drums
> off, hit them with brake cleaner spray and wipe them down).
>
> Anyway - I'll figure it out.
>

>> You need to bring the car to a complete stop for the self adjusters
>> do their thing properly. If they're way out of whack, you may hear
>> some
>> ratcheting or spring popping type noises on the first few stops. As
>> far
>> as loose steering parts contributing to the pulling, it's possible
>> but
>> the front suspension is a disaster on my 68 and it stops nice and
>> straight.
>>
>> Matt

Ray Mick
Somewhere in Kansas