Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

On 4/21/2008 4:36 PM, Bruce Griffis spouted this sage advice:
> They're self-adjusting. I popped those little babies in myself, and
> their boxes were labeled L and R. Hoses are new, too. Shoes are long
> to the back, short to the front. Rear drums resurfaced, front drums
> new.
>
> I took it to the end of my small subdivision road (maybe about 6
> houses worth), stopped at the stop sign, and backed up to my house,
> hitting brakes on and off as I went.
<snip>

Bruce,

You need to bring the car to a complete stop for the self adjusters to
do their thing properly. If they're way out of whack, you may hear some
ratcheting or spring popping type noises on the first few stops. As far
as loose steering parts contributing to the pulling, it's possible but
the front suspension is a disaster on my 68 and it stops nice and straight.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH