Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Ray Mick wrote:

> If the adjusters were on the wrong side (left vs right) the adjuster
> would continually get looser and looser not get tighter. and get so

Oh duh, you are correctof course. The left/right brake balance
would be off, but not from over-tight, from over-loose. My bad!

If no parts are broken or misassembled, then it's the ratchet
on the adjuster tightening the brakes upon application. If the
ratchet is working correctly, then the shoe is moving too far,
or some other part is moving to accomplish a similar action.