Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

Bruce Griffis wrote:
> I checked again after idling it and parking it. The number one spark
> plug was wet again. It did not smell like gas, and the liquid had a
> heavier feel than gas. I rubbed some on my fingertips, and it feels
> like oil.

That could be a bummer. If you are really unsure, run it again, pull the
wet plug, let it set for 10 - 20 minutes. If it's gas, it'll be dry. End
of story. If it's wet -- oil.

Oil would be a bummer -- pretty much the head has to come off to look.
Luckily on that car it's not TOO hard.

But check compression first.

Last grab at an external source --  is it sucking oil in PCV or vacuum
line? Look for oil in those lines... esp. if compression is good and
even in all cylinders!

I know that would be discouraging, but don't give up! If you pull the
head off carefully chances are you can see the source of the leak, or an
oily path under the headgasket, etc.