[Amc-list] Water hose routing - Maybe I'm stoopid.

[Amc-list] Water hose routing - Maybe I'm stoopid.

I need some help with the heater hose routing on my 196.  I have the heated intake manifold option.  I have seen that the routing goes as follows if you don't have the heated manifold:   pump, under exhaust manifold to intake of heater core, out of heater core back to heater valve and then into the block.  So I assume hot water only flows through the circuit when the valve is open.

If I have the heated intake and if I decide to use it (not sure yet, might plug it), how do I route the heater hoses so that the manifold will be heated all the time and yet the heater core only gets water if I need heat in the car?  T-time?

Yes, Tom there is another outlet from the water pump with a hose cap on it.  I have another engine with the same arrangement too, also plugged.

BTW I rigged the carb linkage today.  It sure helps to have a "mexican blueprint" (similar engines with the same powerplant) in my yard to look at.  I did have to move the fuel filter I had placed inline on top of the intake to a location down near the fuel pump so it didn't obstruct the throttle linkage.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA