Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

The vacuum wipers on Brian's '63 Scout are getting a vacuum ball AND the line coming in will be tee'd with a manifold vacuum source and ported vacuum source with check valves. Not too likely to run out of vacuum with it unless the motor stalls.

From: Tom Jennings
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

Bruce Griffis wrote:

> As a side note - the vacuum wipers worked fine off a line from the
> intake manifold. I hooked them up to the vacuum booster on the new
> fuel pump today. They need a little "push" to get 'em started. I'll
> figure it out.

My Classic wagon has vacuum wipers, and I've not had a booster pump for
well over a decade of driving. It requires skill and luck, but it works.
They stop going up hills though, which still amuses me (OK I'm an idiot).

The AMerican has the booster pump, and it seems so aerospace-advanced to
have wipers that work all the time!

PS: My Classic has fuel injection and vacuum wipers! How's that for
anachronism!