Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

I spoke too soon. Plugs seemed dry when I was just idling the car.
Today I took it out for a good 30-40 minutes on varied roads - from 25
to 55MPH. It started running rougher and rougher. I took the spark
plugs out, and the number one and number three where both black (shiny
black) and a little wet. I cleaned the plugs with a wire brush,
sprayed them with brake fluid, put them back in - and the car is still
smoking. Idle is not a constant, it goes faster and slower cyclically.

I'm thinking: pull the plug to the number one cylinder, see if it
effects idle. Do the same with number three (or both? I don't know).
Check compression again, see if it's changed. Pop on the vacuum gauge
and see if that has changed.

Definately have a problem with numbers one and three. Not sure if it's
rings, valve seats, head gasket or cam. Shouldn't be valve seats or
head gasket - as those were just repaired.

Anyway - what would I do to start determining where the problem is?
How would I pinpoint it?