Re: [Amc-list] EFI install on [anything modest]

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Russell Neyhart wrote:

>    Yes the Howell is more expensive (and not as much fun) as
> researching and hunting down all the necessary parts and information,
> but time is at a premium, so this worked best for me!  Now all I need to
> do is install it.  I thought of MegaSquirt, but haven't the time for it
> either.

Oh I think it's a good kit. You're right, it's the cliche, time
or money. At this point I have neither, which really means,
both are doing other things.

I used to jump into projects sort-of not knowing what I was
gettin into time-wise; that's how I did some many projects. These
days it's harder to fool myself even when I want to. The up
side is, I have fewer projects, but I complete them all and
they're at least mostly fun.

The only thing I've read "bad" about Howell and others is from
people who tried to set them up without enough sensor feedback,
"open loop", and feedback is the whole POINT of FI. Except for
those few, I've not heard a bad thing about Howell.

Maybe you could take key photos and notes as you go?