Re: [Amc-list] EFI install on [anything modest]

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Matt Haas wrote:

> Chevy Cavaliers and Citation's have these systems. The 2.8 (just about
> every midsize GM car used this engine), 3.8, and 4.3 liter V6's used in
> GM trucks and vans (S-10, C/K full size trucks, Astro vans, full size
> vans) will have two injectors (5.0 liter V8's also use two but it's
> probably too big for a stockish six) but I'm not sure how much messing
> you'd have to do with the manifold to get them to fit. All of these TBI
> units are held down with three bolts so you'll need an adapter of some
> sort. You'll also need to use an electric fuel pump (you'll need to
> trigger that with a relay that the ECM controls) and run a fuel return
> line to the gas tank. Most of these systems have an O2, MAP, and
> temperature sensor that you'll need to plumb in and you'll also need an
> oil pressure sensor for the ECM (at least for a stock ECM) and use a
> computer controlled distributor.

I guess I have tou stop avoiding the Megasquirt thing. Sigh,
time to buy a kit then scrounge the TBI.

It's the state-of-tune fiddlin that I dread. I just don't have
time for it, but I'll have to make it. It would be worthwhile to
work out, as it would be applicable to all the 258's out there.