Re: [Amc-list] EFI install on [anything modest]

Tom Jennings wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, JOE FULTON wrote:
>
>> Don't forget about the mid-eighties 2.5 liter and 2.8
>> liter GM TBI systems.  The seem like they would be
>> very easy to fit on an AMC six.  Make an adapter for
>> the TB and linkage.  Install the oyxgen sensor, temp
>> sensor and ECM per the wiring diagrams.
>
> Can you give me a few likely model names? I'll then go RTFM and
> locate a Haynes manual or two. The technology doesn't scare me,
> I just can't find it!

Chevy Cavaliers and Citation's have these systems. The 2.8 (just about
every midsize GM car used this engine), 3.8, and 4.3 liter V6's used in
GM trucks and vans (S-10, C/K full size trucks, Astro vans, full size
vans) will have two injectors (5.0 liter V8's also use two but it's
probably too big for a stockish six) but I'm not sure how much messing
you'd have to do with the manifold to get them to fit. All of these TBI
units are held down with three bolts so you'll need an adapter of some
sort. You'll also need to use an electric fuel pump (you'll need to
trigger that with a relay that the ECM controls) and run a fuel return
line to the gas tank. Most of these systems have an O2, MAP, and
temperature sensor that you'll need to plumb in and you'll also need an
oil pressure sensor for the ECM (at least for a stock ECM) and use a
computer controlled distributor.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx