Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers

Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers

Bruce (and Tom J.),

I think the magazine you're looking for it called Auto Restorer Magazine (http://www.autorestorermagazine.com/ar/). There is some high end stuff from time to time, but the bulk of it is nicely restored or original stuff done by your average Joe over time. The have every thing from brass era to muscle cars and both foreign and domestic makes. This includes things like commercial and military vehicles to even the occasional 80's ride.

I get Hot Rod and Car Craft but Auto Restorer is by far my favorite (Car Craft is my #2 favorite). The thing I like the most is that they will actually take the time to go through stuff and they've spread out projects over the course of a year (or longer) to make sure they cover the tech pretty well. If you ever wanted to get your car in a magazine, I think this would be a good one to do it with. What you're doing with your American would fit in well.

Matt

On 6/18/2010 3:42 PM, Bruce Griffis spouted this sage advice:
Okay, I get Hemming's Classic car magazine. Have subscribed for a
while, and when I let my subscription lapse - I pick it up at the
bookstore. I don't know if it's just me - but it seems that there is
more emphasis on full classics, 100% restorations and original cars.
Articles also seem to be more of an attitude I don't like. I would be
perfectly happy with bunches of articles on young drivers and their
Fox-bodied Mustangs. After all - young drivers should be supported,
and if they start with an accessible, affordable car - that's fine by
me. I'm also not sure I really care about whitewalls or no whitewalls,
whether something is factory installed, or if it is period correct, or
if it is period incorrect - won't win a car show - but makes it so you
can actually drive and enjoy the car.
<snip>

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx