Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers

Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers

Well there you go Matt, spoiling all our complaining!

Seriously, thanks -- I will check it out, and I will just go buy an issue of
CAR CRAFT to look at in detail at home. (Sometimes a quick store perusal
isn't enough).

I like Jalopnik as a site, but since it's a blog it's filled with rubbish
and fools, but there's a gem of something in there I like, a broad and wide
look at cars as fun and interesting things with few 'sacred cows' (and some
cow-tipping). Little tech content though...

Now if there was a magazine with that sort of breadth, MINUS the bloghorrea,
and with actual technical content, I think it would be a huge win.

Yeah, how-to-fix so we can drive to work/the store, but cool and nifty and
interesting upgrades, hacks and hot-rods as inspiration and more. All the
Megasquirt stuff, DIY-EFI, Ford EDIS swaps, HEI in everything, trans swaps,
home-made painting techniques, there's a lot of small-fry businesses doing
really innovative stuff as sa far as I know NOT ONE SINGLE MAGAZINE makes a
venue for them.

(Hint hint HEMMINGS has the right agnostic attitude, and high quality
content, which is why it's so frustrating that it comes so close. Let's toss
Merillee (jalopnik) Jay Lamm (24hrs LeMons) into the Hemmings offices, lock
the doors, have pizza and been delivered and NOT LET THEM THE !@!$! OUT
until they deliver what we want! :-)