[AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers

[AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers

Okay, I get Hemming's Classic car magazine. Have subscribed for a
while, and when I let my subscription lapse - I pick it up at the
bookstore. I don't know if it's just me - but it seems that there is
more emphasis on full classics, 100% restorations and original cars.
Articles also seem to be more of an attitude I don't like. I would be
perfectly happy with bunches of articles on young drivers and their
Fox-bodied Mustangs. After all - young drivers should be supported,
and if they start with an accessible, affordable car - that's fine by
me. I'm also not sure I really care about whitewalls or no whitewalls,
whether something is factory installed, or if it is period correct, or
if it is period incorrect - won't win a car show - but makes it so you
can actually drive and enjoy the car.

I don't know. I want to see more articles on people keeping their old
cars on the road and running. I want to read articles about cars like
Tom's 440H and Classic wagon. Cars like wrambler's '69 American. Like
Franks '63 wagon. Like Joe's '65 - getting closer and closer to being
on the road. I want to see articles about regular guys and gals
working on their own cars and using them. If they go for a weber carb
or a Pertronix ignition to help driveability - fine! I really enjoyed
the post on theamcforum with the guy that drove his '62 Classic from
Oklahoma out to California. Cool, epic trip.

I want to see articles about people getting in their own old car and
going somewhere. Taking pictures. Having fun. Maybe visiting actual
honest-to-gawd diners or independent motels along the way. I don't
want to read another article about concours quality restorations of
full classic pieces of art. I want to read about Tom and friends
cruising the desert. Heck, I'd like to take a run across 10, or maybe
visit some local historic routes myself.

So - are there magazines out there about regular guys (and girls) with
basic daily driver and fun cruiser cars hitting the scenic highways,
stopping at old diners, wandering by the few drive-ins still around? I
don't really care if they have white walls and the correct amount of
overspray or not.

Heck - I'd like to see articles on actual folks using a mig welder to
install patch panels, or getting out the spray gun to fix a rust spot,
or simply doing basic maintenance on an old car. Folks finding the
parts for their cars, then getting dirty fixing their cars.

Doesn't have to be brand-specific. I like all sorts of cars. Doesn't
have to be show quality. But should be about something the driver gets
in and happily drives.