From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily drivers
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <Amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 12:42 PM

Okay, I get Hemming's Classic car magazine. Have subscribed for a
while, and when I let my subscription lapse - I pick it up at the
bookstore. I don't know if it's just me - but it seems that there is
more emphasis on full classics, 100% restorations and original cars.
Articles also seem to be more of an attitude I don't like. I would be
perfectly happy with bunches of articles on young drivers and their
Fox-bodied Mustangs. After all - young drivers should be supported,
and if they start with an accessible, affordable car - that's fine by
me. I'm also not sure I really care about whitewalls or no whitewalls,
whether something is factory installed, or if it is period correct, or
if it is period incorrect - won't win a car show - but makes it so you
can actually drive and enjoy the car.

I don't know. I want to see more articles on people keeping their old
cars on the road and running. I want to read articles about cars like
Tom's 440H and Classic wagon. Cars like wrambler's '69 American. Like
Franks '63 wagon. Like Joe's '65 - getting closer and closer to being
on the road. I want to see articles about regular guys and gals
working on their own cars and using them. If they go for a weber carb
or a Pertronix ignition to help driveability - fine! I really enjoyed
the post on theamcforum with the guy that drove his '62 Classic from
Oklahoma out to California. Cool, epic trip.