Re: [AMC-list] '65 American 195.6 Fuel Pump to Carb alternatives

Re: [AMC-list] '65 American 195.6 Fuel Pump to Carb alternatives

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Man, I was about to slap myself
in the forehead for being a goof! I changed out the fittings on the
carb and the fuel pump and ran a rubber fuel hose. Connected two hose
clamps and we're done. Took the old parts to a shop and explained what
I wanted to do. Was given free rein of the fittings in the back on the
shelf.

So - to get it leak free - 2 fittings, two clamps, one hose. $6.91

To goof it up, one flaring tool. Can't flare worth a darn. One bending
tool. A simpler one for kicks and grins. WAY too many steel lines bent
in all sorts of odd directions. Perhaps it will make an art exhibit.

To go nuts, one call to a performance shop, a couple fittings and
fancy hose. All ready to get taped back up and shipped back for a
store credit. 'Cause I must have ordered the wrong size - it just will
not work as is.

I would have saved hours and bucks by just asking, or by simply
looking at how the fuel line was run from my kid's brand x mechanical
fuel pump to his big ol' 4 barrel carb. Then slapped myself for being
the goof that replaced it and promptly forgot every darn thing. I
guess that goes with hitting 52.

Well, the car runs and doesn't leak fuel. That's a good thing.