Re: [AMC-list] d@mned holley carb anyway

> I'd be very surprised if that stuff made it as far as the valves without
> first creating other problems elsewhere.

In my, and Dave's, instance the "bad stuff" in the tank was gasoline
soluable. It wasn't rust and grit that was the problem, it was some weird
dissolved stuff. Old gas? Kids toy in the gas tank? I'll never know.
Whatever it was, it was a bear to get the tank right.

http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Gas-tank/

I could have been anything. Old gas with stuff in it, or new gas formulation
that breaks down, none or all of the above. Who knows, 45 years anything
could happen!