Re: [AMC-list] d@mned holley carb anyway

Sloooooowly...
http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Nash-195.6OHV-engine/TBI Joe F. was
talking to this guy Chris, who lieks Ramblers and has a CNC machine... he
ground out a better adapter, sent me one and a junkyard 1 bore TBI. About
90% there for the adapter. Two minor issues but you could use it.

Throttle cable is completely not done, but that would be not-hard.

My plan is, GM ECM 1227747. It's the one Howell uses, but it's also popular
and VERY easy to adapt, to basically make an electronic carburetor. Needs
three things annoying to do:

12 psi TBI electric fuel pump system

fuel return line to tank

oxygen sensor in the tailpipe

THe pump has to be LOWER than the fuel tank -- but lucky us, every AMC
chassis I ever saw the inside of the "frame rail" right before the rear axle
kickup is a perfect location.

THe return line, I did it the hard way on my Classic, but it's a waste of
time. I should have simply taken down the FILLER NECK and added the return
line there. Easy!

Dunno when I will finish it, I need to get to the yard to get and ECM and
harness. Will have to buy an external pump like the classic has, I'm not
doing the pump-in-tank thing, too invasive. I'm lazy.

I have some RBS carb cores if you want one. Rough but intact. A couple of
YFs, some very nice, one essentially "new".

The Carter WCD 2 barrel is a fine carb. So's the YF, though the bases come
loose all the time!