Re: [AMC-list] d@mned holley carb anyway

ok, so i HOPE i figured out the problem. the base was not very tight at ALL on
the carb, and also, my booster pump circut was plugged up. YUP that'll do'er.
and to boot, i ripped my oring up when i pulled the float needle seat out. i
had a spare. green, and lost it in the grass. i spent about an hour and a
half looking for it, and gave up. i found another one that was just a tad bit
small, but it is currently working. 45 mile drive one way to town is a ways to
go, and i was just there this evening. go figure. going to town tomorrow in
casper for new tires. i will get the right o-ring tomorrow. it is running
great now. got my valves all adjusted runs nice and smooth. i discovered i
have 1 bent pushrod. not bad, just enough that when it spins around you can
see it. not sure how that happend. i have spares if it goes more, ill change
it. i dont think it will as everything is normal, soft springs, solid rods.
and no, none of the valves were sticking. i MADE SURE they were loose before
i started it up. just like tom, been there and done that. not again. i would
be VERY interested in one of them tbi setups. toss that on, along with the
pertronix, and HEY, you got a 21st centry 1930's designed motor. hehe. just
wonder what the emissions would be on it the way it is now compared to my '03
dodge peon.. hmm. would be interesting to find out. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules