Re: [AMC-list] d@mned holley carb anyway

Have you had your gas tank cleaned out? I've heard of this problem from quite a few people (and it happened to my wagon before I got it) and all of these cars had one thing in common: they were ran with old gas.

Modern gas seems to break down into a tar like substance and the only way to get rid of it is to clean the gas tank. If you don't you'll end up fighting sticking valves and bent push rods.

Matt

On 6/20/2009 4:30 AM, das24rules@xxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
<snip>
i discovered i
have 1 bent pushrod. not bad, just enough that when it spins around you can
see it. not sure how that happend. i have spares if it goes more, ill change
it.
</snip>

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx