[AMC-list] d@mned holley carb anyway

i dunno about other people, but the one thing on casper that has ALWAYS given
me problems is that stupid holley single bbl carb. it drips out of the float
bowl when it feels like it. not always, not only when hot, not only when
cold, just once in a while. took me a couple years to find a rebuild kit for
it. last year i didnt have any problems with it. now, i have issues again.
float bowl is leaking again. not alot just maybe a drip once in a while, but
the base gets damp. also, at part throttle (when trying to maintain speed on
flat ground) it is dead. i got to keep feathering the throttle. car is
sputterin and all. irritating. if i hold my foot above 3/4 throttle, it gets
better, and works best at either idle, or wide open. anything in between, it
might stumble and start jerking and all. was doing it HORIBLY on the way home
tonight. i have this 2bbl intake, and carter carb. i dont have a rebuild kit
for either carb, but eh, what the hell, maybe ill toss it on and just see
what it does. got nothing better to do tonight really. doubt it will work.
not from sitting for 24-25 years somewhere around there if not longer. does
anyone have a sorce for another rebuild kit for the holley, or better yet, a
better carb that will work on it? it is the original holley single bbl that
came on the 62 196 ohv. i beleive 1904? also what about the carter 2bbl that
was on my 63 440H? i have no idea what model it is or nothing. anyone know
where to get kit for it?
hey, better yet, TOM J!!! your done with school now. get your butt buisy and
start making us the tbi kits for our 196's. your the one with all the fancy
stuff to build them. hehe. im waiting, and check is in the mail to ya. _______________________________________________