Re: [Amc-list] gooey stuff what the heck is that?

Re: [Amc-list] gooey stuff what the heck is that?

Hey gang,

Thanks to Tom J, Andrew the Sandwich guy, and of course Mr. Mark
for responding with some advice on how to and what stuff for A/C resto.
I knew this job was going to be dangerous when I took it. However I
don't think it is insurmountable (where the hell do words like that one come
from???)
Biggest Issue I see now is actually getting the dash out of the car. I fully
removed the entire dash from
the green car to get it out, not sure I have to do that to get the unit in
the white car, but it will certainly make
the project a lot easiser and less prone to damage things. The dash overlay
has to come back off again
and get switched to one for A/C, and that just might be easier with the
whole dash out, as will
the mounting of the A/C heater control. The repop crash pad has to come
loose at least, to get the overlay out too.
It just might be possible to sneak it all in there with help and not remove
the dash, but I'm such a jerk these
days that no one wants to come over and help anymore. (I serve cheap armpit
style beer)(rambler mentality).
Oh well it's going to be long winter and I have nothing else to do anyway.
With it all apart it just may force me to actually run down all those loose
ground wire connections under and on the dash,
and under the hood so those 39 year old instruments stop fluctuating
(there's another one of those words....fluctuating rofl)
I'll have to roll the car out of the garage to get the doors open far enough
to slide the dash out........
or slide the car over to one side of the garage, gotta love single wide
garages, full of way too much crap :-)
gotta get that done before it gets too cold, as the cold makes that plastic
abs dash brittle.
I was thinking I might be able to restore the dash from the green car and
have it painted to look like carbon fiber as long as it's
laying around doing nothing, I hate to alter the original dash from the
white car. I could also make a carbon fiber overlay, or do you think that's
too much carbon fiber, or is carbon fiber no longer KOOL?
thanks for allowing me to think out loud in email messages to you guys on
the list..........
and if any one feels like adding something in here, please do so............

and thanks again all, and have a restful evening.

Armand