[Amc-list] BlowBy and GloveBoxLatch

Easy(?) one first...  Is there a secret to remove the latch from the glove box door, and be able to replace it so it will stay in the replacement?  I swaped them out and worked the pin but afterwards could not get the lock to stay in the housing.  Suggestions?  Also swapped the glove box door because it was warping at the edges.  Now the new one is doing the same, what gives?

This is big.  The 80 Concord wagon 6cyl runs great, has always had blowby happening.  Now that I am driving 27 miles each way to work on the x-way, it is blowing a quart or more a week.
This is caused by rings being worn right?  And rings cannot be done without pulling the motor right?
Any suggestions?  It does run excellent and when driving around town will not use any oil between changes and stays fairly clean oil for 2,000 miles or so.  I hate to touch it, but may have to before I oil slick everywhere I go and the EPA steps in.

I have heard that the 304 will bolt to this trans and just need cross member set up.  How about wiring differences in 6 to V8?  Also, 4cyl swap, need the trans too or will that adapt to my current trans.  While I'm at it, how do you tell the difference between the AMC transmissions used?
THANKS!!!Blessings,Richard Richard Estermyer javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx