Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96 D

Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96 Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

Is a Ram 1500 with 3.9 V6 an AMC?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:22:11 -0400 "jerijan baldwin"
<jerijan@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Greetings Gang,
> I am back in Virginia trying to 'get wheels rolling'.  I bought a
> computer
> (ECM) for the 96 Dodge Truck knowing it was from a V8...I was told
> it
> 'might' make it run long enough to determine what the problem
> actually is.
> I does NOT run with the wrong computer.
> Oh, well.
> Here's the rundown on my problem; I've got a Ram1500 with 3.9 V6
> which has
> beem running quite crappy.  Six months ago I left it in Virginia and
> went
> home.  I grabbed an ECM on the way home since it was a shot in the
> dark (and
> cheap...it is also 'remanufactured' and it is also now for sale.  It
> came
> from a wrecked truck so it clearly worked before I grabbed it).  So
> when I
> got back here I plunked it in confidently, started it...err, TRIED
> starting
> it...tried again...and again...  Put the old ECM back in and it was
> back to
> it's old self (Starts and idles super good.  It will NOT accelerate
> PERIOD.
> Under load it just sits there with the accel pedal mashed to the mat
> idling
> but crappier.  Will not move..
> Here is what the problem is NOT: MAP Sensor.  Temp Sensor.  Wires.
> Plugs.
> Dist Cap/rotor.  Compression (it has to have good vacuum in the
> manifold to
> make the MAP sensor work, so it ain't lousey head or inlet manifold
> gasket),
> good compression also rules out 'jumped time' or timing chain ,
> Exhaust
> system (Cat can't have hairballs in it since it's brandy new and
> not
> installed.  Exhaust is wide open so it isn't 'consitricted').  Fuel
> pump
> Pressure is fine and on the money.  O2 Sensors.  How do I know it
> isn't
> these things?  Either they've been replaced or they have been tested
> for
> input and output.
> One other trait it manifests: when you mash the accel pedal you get
> the
> pooppoppffftpooppop (the bogged down sound).  When you squirt some
> carb
> clean down the throttle body?  It wakes that sucker up in a way I
> ain't
> never hear ANY six cylinder sing!  HolyMoley, it actually acts like
> it has
> POWER!
> So it's something telling something else to deprive the engine of
> it's fuel
> (it is kind of like the accel pedal is disattached.  It runs better
> at idle
> [...]

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx or
namdra1@xxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'08 AMC NATIONALS (Date & Location to be announced)
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766