Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about96 Do

Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about96 Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

No.  It TOWS AMC's.  Without it my AMC's are all over the US (Texas,
Virginia, Massachusetts, Vermont, and god knows where else.  Include the
Packards in W.VA, DeSoto in LA..and I NEED this truck (or another one)).
The choice on this one was simple: 6 cylinder.  I've a Grand Wagoneer, but
at $4.00 a gallon (or $3.00 a gallon or close to it), 8MPG is simply 'winter
stuff' when you NEED a Jeep's abilities to 'go anywhere, anytime'.  This
Dodge is a 'fair weather friend'.  Put it on level wet grass and it won't
move (at the best of times, not just now when it won't move period).
The Dodge's 175 HP should suffice to tow a 2200 lb trailer with a 3800 lb
'event' on it.  But it won't even move itself!
Sheeesh.
TPS.  I'm going to recheck that.  I forgot why it was ruled out.
Fuel Pump Pressure.  This is high across the board, so it ought suffice
under load.
Seems the ECM MAY be the culprit, but how does one determine that?  Since it
is 'calling the shots', when it 'goes stupid' how does one know??
I suspect the dealer just plunks one in and 'sees'.  I haven't got that
luxury.
Jj