Re: [Amc-list] Big valve heads on 290/304

Re: [Amc-list] Big valve heads on 290/304

Greg,
I have a friend who has a humpster Javelin that had a 304 three speed in it.
He's told me that was a great engine. he did a few mods to it many years ago
and said he routinely stomped on his competition with it.
So I'm really interested in what you are doing with the 304. The white
Javelin entrusted to my care has a 304, which I've always wanted to modify
just a little, for a little more horsepower. Mostly just fuel injection,
headers, exhaust  and cam.
Anyway, I wish I could help you with your questions on the heads, I have two
304 engines and two sets of 291C heads but I've
never seen the two in combo nor have I compared any dimensions. I do
remember some on this list, maybe Nick Alfano, talking about this subject
recently, so I know some one else has done it before too.
Good Luck with it Greg, and I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting
for more information......
Armand