Re: [Amc-list] Any gotcha's with Pertronix Ignitor?

Re: [Amc-list] Any gotcha's with Pertronix Ignitor?

I just wasn't sliding the magnet down far enough. I used the rotor to
press on the magnet, and down it went! Cool. Car started right up.

I have a lot of fiddling to do. I need to set the timing, the idle and
the idle mixture. It's  blowing a lot of smoke - not sure if it is
rich or if I have oil issues. Smoke isn't black. It's very light in
color, but not white. Time to pull a plug or two! Or time it, run it,
lean it out and see what happens.

Anyway, it made it up the driveway and into the garage. I just don't
want to take it to the grocery store billowing smoke. (at least we
know it shouldn't be the head or the head gasket! And if the rings
were okay last week, they shouldn't have issues this week, I'd hope).

Anyway, my plan is to clean the plugs, set the timing, set the idle
speed, set the idle mixture - then see if it clears up. My oldest son
is at class tonight, so we'll mess with it later in the week.