Re: [Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

Re: [Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

If the flares are made correctly you should not have to use thread sealant.
Also, the threads are not the sealing part of the connection, and you would
only be putting a band aid on the real problem, incorrect flare.
Double flares are easy and difficult. The better the tool you have to make
the double flare the easier it will be. If the flare is a single flare, make
sure there
is not a fleck of fluck in between the two mating surfaces. Ditto on double
flare.
Pull the flare nut back and inspect how the flare and it's respective mating
surface
line up. You should see a close tight fit absolutely no gap, use a
magnifying glass
if you need to. Keep practicing those flares until they look very
symmetrical and
concentric with the tube itself. If eccentricity is visible the connection
will leak.

Armand