Re: [Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Just enough to do a hydroloc, bend one of those spindly forged connecting rods like a pretzel and make you swear while calling a towtruck...

They are long, but the price of iron and forging was low when they built
these things! Likely the rod would push a hole through the side of the
block like the one I saw in the local 'yard.

> I wonder, was it on all 196OHVs or just the 65's? Would lead me to believe a possible california emmisions thing.
> Wasn't 65 the first year they started the simple little things like pcv valves etc?

The 1963 195.6OHV has PCV, at least on the 2bbl; I think Joe has PCV on
his 1bbl? He just posted about that and I've already spaced it out. His
is 65 though I think.

My '59 crate motor (I love calling it that) doesn't have side covers,
and I don't recall if the intake trough has the tapped hole. I DOUBT PCV
existed then...