Re: [Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

Re: [Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

Yep. Mine has that rubber hose that goes from the block up to the air
cleaner. There was a ton of gunk in the hose and in the air cleaner.

I'm off to making the third oil feed line. I did a poor job bending,
cutting and flaring the first. The second looks a lot better, but it's
leaking (maybe thread sealant would fix it). I'll give it a third try
to see if I can properly flare the line. Right now I'm pooling some
Mobil One under the engine - that stuff is too expensive to let it
leak!

Another gotcha is we put the carb together wrong, and the fast idle
screw doesn't touch the cam plate. Gotta pull the carb and put the
plate on correctly - right now it idles wide open (yikes!). The fast
idle screw doesn't touch the plate at all.

Getting there! I'm giving serious thought to exercising the magic card
to finish a few last mechanical things. I want to be able to drive it
by Saturday! Unfortunately (well - VERY fortunately, phew!), my
employer would like me to work, though.