[Amc-list] TELL ME THERES HOPE!!! (doubtful)

[Amc-list] TELL ME THERES HOPE!!! (doubtful)

well, i got the head off the little american lastnight. got depressed and discouraged.... 2 cylinders were full of i have NO idea what. 2 were rusted up pretty bad, and 2 look.. well... better than the other 4. i have no idea what so ever was in 2 of the cylinders. one of the 2, (#3) was powdery kinda, but damp. wasnt rust. the other one, #2, was rock solid. looked like quartz or marble or some kinda thing like that... rock HARD. chipped it out with a screwdriver. got it soaking with pb blaster now. rocker arms and under the valve cover was just full of rust powder... please, if you got time, take a look at my pics, and tell me someone has a spare motor for me not terrible far away???

http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules/63American

i think the motor is toast. i got all but 3 valves moving tonight. was supprised. rocker shaft is frozen. soaking in pb blaster also. i am HOPING it is just surface rust and can be cleaned up and emery cloth going over it will make it ok. these motors do have HUGE (by todays standards) clearances anyway. maybe i can. i think the cylinders for sure are GONE.:-(

it is a 2 bbl carb. what carb is that again?

does anyone have a tsm for one of these cars they want to get rid of??

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules