From: "d stohler" <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:00 PM
Subject: [Amc-list] TELL ME THERES HOPE!!! (doubtful)

> well, i got the head off the little american lastnight. got depressed and
discouraged.... 2 cylinders were full of i have NO idea what. 2 were rusted
up pretty bad, and 2 look.. well... better than the other 4. i have no idea
what so ever was in 2 of the cylinders. one of the 2, (#3) was powdery
kinda, but damp. wasnt rust. the other one, #2, was rock solid. looked like
quartz or marble or some kinda thing like that... rock HARD. chipped it out
with a screwdriver. got it soaking with pb blaster now. rocker arms and
under the valve cover was just full of rust powder... please, if you got
time, take a look at my pics, and tell me someone has a spare motor for me
not terrible far away???

> http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules/63American
>
> i think the motor is toast. i got all but 3 valves moving tonight. was
supprised. rocker shaft is frozen. soaking in pb blaster also. i am HOPING
it is just surface rust and can be cleaned up and emery cloth going over it
will make it ok. these motors do have HUGE (by todays standards) clearances
anyway. maybe i can. i think the cylinders for sure are GONE.:-(