Re: [Amc-list] Shroud for 70 Javelin?

Chris,

I have a 70 Javelin with the 304, non A/C. It did not come with a shroud
either. I've had it since 1972, and I'm the second owner.
Your problem is perplexing because the radiator in my Javelin is only a two
row and it has at least two tubes sealed off because they started leaking,
and I've never had overheating trouble with my Javelin. I drive it in 95
degree heat all the time.
Now to your problem.
If your engine is that new, it may just need to get broken in and freed up
by driving it some.
you said "Radiator was cleaned professionally" are you 100% sure of that.
Maybe they plugged it up worse ! check it out.
The water pump must be somewhat functional or you'd be experiencing severe
problems.
Thermostat should be OK if it only overheats during idle. Take it out
completely and drive the car. see what happens. At least you'll know if
that's the culprit.
Lastly, I think shrouds from a lot of AMC's will fit your Javelin. I have
one from a 1979 304 Spirit, and although I haven't actually tried to fit it
into the Javelin, it looks like it should fit. The radiator from the Spirit
looks the same as the Javelin radiator. It looks like a spacer may not be
needed and the fan would end up in the correct spot.

Armand