[Amc-list] Shroud for 70 Javelin?

Hello All,

I had my 70 304 rebuilt for my Javelin a few years ago, and have finally
gotten around to driving it some.

It seems to overheat at idle.  Radiator was cleaned professionally.
Thermostat is new.  Water pump is old

but does not leak.  My car had no AC, and never had a shroud (at least when
I got it in 1982).  It never had

a heating problem before the rebuild, and I drove the car hard in hot
Florida for years.  If I run on the highway,

it seems to keep a steady temp.  When I come off it seems to immediately
start to heat up.  If I idle for a

prolonged time it will keep getting hotter.  It has never seriously boiled
over, but does pee some out after

I stop, and one time with some slower driving it did pee enough out that I
had to add water (it was below the tubes).

The guy who built the engine feels there is nothing that was done to the
engine to cause heating, especially

on a 304.  He is recommending I add a shroud.  He says I need to get a
matched shroud, fan and spacer.

And I thought finding a shroud would be hard, now I have to find all three
pieces.   Of course I could get a

new radiator, a new thermostat and a new water pump first.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to start???

Chris Peters

http://www.thepetersgarage.com