Re: [Amc-list] TELL ME THERES HOPE!!! (doubtful)

Re: [Amc-list] TELL ME THERES HOPE!!! (doubtful)

Wow, that's grim. But this is a rugged, overbuilt, loose-tolerance motor
so there's hope.

The corrosion INSIDE is worse than OUTSIDE. To me, that says it's final
death was from a cylinder or two full of coolant, and was then left to
sit for a decade. The coolant was probably all or mostly dirty water.

I'm with Mark -- this engine needs a full tear down, if any parts are
good now firing it up would ruin it with abrasive crap that's certainly
well distributed.

> it is a 2 bbl carb. what carb is that again?

If it's 2bbl, the Carter WCD. A fine old-fashioned thing.

> does anyone have a tsm for one of these cars they want to get rid of??

They're on ebay all the time. I got a ratty but usable copy for $10. You
want one, believe me!!