Re: [Amc-list] AMC Dealer Listings

The AMCyclopedia uses MySQL and runs Drupal (PHP based) but it can run
most other common languages except for Java. There's a dealer listing on
it already that Frank uploaded. This would be a good site for these
types of things since I can allow anyone who want to contribute (BTW,
the site could use more contributors -- hint, hint) and if others are
interested in administrating the site (which takes very little time), I
can set them up for that as well.

Matt

On 6/9/2008 12:43 PM, Tom Jennings spouted this sage advice:
> Steven Clark wrote:
>
>> Hello, I’m the guy that did the original scan and
>> first posted the directory on the internet from the
>> 1983 directory I got when I bought my SX/4.
>
> Cool! Hey thanks for the info! (And the work! :-)
>
> I am
>
>> Not to thread jack, but I have a similar idea of
>> putting up a listing of 1000 or so AMC part numbers
>> I’ve collected over the years (with tons of help from
>> Fred Koos).  It would be great if it were some sort of
>> collaborative effort.  Folks could upload their own
>> part numbers.  Pages from the parts books could be
>> distributed then those numbers added.  Any web savvy
>> folks have any ideas?  Maybe a sql database with a
>> fancy front end, or xml, or just a huge static list?
>
> That would be great. Are these AMC factory numbers, or replacement stuff?
>
> Frank & Matt, does AMCyclopedia have mysql installed? wps.com does
> (amc-list.com) you could use that.
>
> I have a cross-listing of all AMC brakes, mostly, and it's stalled at
> the "needs an interface" stage.
>
> I'm a good perl programmer, the mysql stuff isn't a problem, but I hate,
> and am no good at, web apps. I may have to cobble up something so the
> brake work is accessible.
>
> Are there no listers that can do web programming in perl for apache and
> mysql? Isn't that more common than carb rebuilds today?
>

>> It would be a hit I’m sure (except with the people
>> that sell the repo parts books).
>> Steven Clark

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH