Re: [Amc-list] AMC Dealer Listings

Hello, I?m the guy that did the original scan and
first posted the directory on the internet from the
1983 directory I got when I bought my SX/4.  I am
tickled about how much attention the list has gotten,
particularly lately from Strohl at Hemmings and the
AMC heritage forum.  I do update my pages
(http://homepages.ius.edu/steven/amc/dealer/index.htm)
whenever someone emails me information, and have met
and chatted with a good number of amcers as a result.
My original listing has been copied a bunch of times
and posted all over the internet, thus a bunch of
different dealership directories with different
information.  I don?t mind the copies, and love the
sites that improve on mine.  I would welcome some sort
of collaborative replacement.  I like how the Heritage
Forum works, where people can not only add a
dealership but share memories of them
(http://www.forum.route66rambler.com/).  Strohl on he
Hemmings blogs have a lot of neat AMC dealer stories
too (http://blog.hemmings.com/).  I?m inclined to keep
my site up anyway though.
Not to thread jack, but I have a similar idea of
putting up a listing of 1000 or so AMC part numbers
I?ve collected over the years (with tons of help from
Fred Koos).  It would be great if it were some sort of
collaborative effort.  Folks could upload their own
part numbers.  Pages from the parts books could be
distributed then those numbers added.  Any web savvy
folks have any ideas?  Maybe a sql database with a
fancy front end, or xml, or just a huge static list?
It would be a hit I?m sure (except with the people
that sell the repo parts books).
Steven Clark