Re: [Amc-list] AMC Dealer Listings

Steven Clark wrote:

> Hello, I’m the guy that did the original scan and
> first posted the directory on the internet from the
> 1983 directory I got when I bought my SX/4.

Cool! Hey thanks for the info! (And the work! :-)

I am

> Not to thread jack, but I have a similar idea of
> putting up a listing of 1000 or so AMC part numbers
> I’ve collected over the years (with tons of help from
> Fred Koos).  It would be great if it were some sort of
> collaborative effort.  Folks could upload their own
> part numbers.  Pages from the parts books could be
> distributed then those numbers added.  Any web savvy
> folks have any ideas?  Maybe a sql database with a
> fancy front end, or xml, or just a huge static list?

That would be great. Are these AMC factory numbers, or replacement stuff?

Frank & Matt, does AMCyclopedia have mysql installed? wps.com does
(amc-list.com) you could use that.

I have a cross-listing of all AMC brakes, mostly, and it's stalled at
the "needs an interface" stage.

I'm a good perl programmer, the mysql stuff isn't a problem, but I hate,
and am no good at, web apps. I may have to cobble up something so the
brake work is accessible.

Are there no listers that can do web programming in perl for apache and
mysql? Isn't that more common than carb rebuilds today?