Re: [Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it,,

Re: [Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it,,

Todd,

Mobil says you can switch back and forth whenever you want but they
don't recommend switching to it in older engines (engines with lots of
miles or haven't been apart in a while) because it will clean all of the
sludge out that's keeping the gaskets from leaking.

Matt

Todd Tomason wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Great information on synthetic oil.  Where does this fit in on the issues with
> low zinc killing cams in flat tappet engines?  Is synthetic safe for these
> engines?  Also, should conventional oil be used for break-in before switching
> to synthetic?  When is it safe to switch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd
>
> On Thursday 09 August 2007 21:33, Bruce Hevner wrote:
>> I have been watching the Syn lubes thread.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon