Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

Jay wrote:
> OK Matt, I got it out of the head and cleaned the hole out. They had only
> put the stud in about 1/2 way,thereby leaving a 1/4 inch extended out
> further than it should have been. I re-installed the stud and got it all the
> way in.(the hole is only 1/2 inch deep). Hopefully, I will be able to get
> the exhaust manifold on the block now and clear the W/P housing with just a
> hair of clearance. (that is normal).
<snip>

I know it's a little late for this job but I find it much easier to
install the manifolds when they are loose to each other. BTW, make sure
you torque the manifold bolts using the procedure described here:
http://www.mattsoldcars.com/RestoreAmerican/loose_intake.shtml. Also,
you'll have a smaller chance on the fasteners loosening up if you
replace them all. Fasteners do wear out over time. Dorman makes all of
the sizes you need to do the job.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx