[Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

[Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

Jay
Snip
I had a valve job done on the head and have it re-installed partly. the
head
is on but I am in a quandary as to the best (and easiest) way to
re-install
the pushrods.
Snip

This at least brings up the question of how you took it apart.
But, every one I have had off it was not a big deal to remove the rocker
on a
stud mounted rocker assembly. Just back off the nuts holding the bridge
between
two rockers evenly so you do not damage the bridge (don't let it break
in two)
once the rocker is off, install the push rod individually. There is no
adjustment
on the rockers. You do have a service manual don't you? Haynes, Chilton,
Motors,
AMC, Jeep or something to guide you through this.

Snip
I really don't want to
take the W/P loose to get the manifold by the pump and I can't find a
pair
of vise grips large enough to break that stud loose from the head and
replace it.
Snip

Install on the threaded part of the stud, a nut, a lock washer and
another nut
and tighten it good and tight, using an open end wrench on the nut
closest to
the head and a box end or socket on the furthest out nut. Line up the
flats of
nut and use an external star type lock washer if you can but it will
probably
make no difference. Once the flats of the nut are in line, put a socket
over
both nuts to get the leverage to thread the stud out.

Good luck
John.