Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

> Snip
> I really don't want to
> take the W/P loose to get the manifold by the pump and I can't find a
> pair
> of vise grips large enough to break that stud loose from the head and
> replace it.
> Snip
>
> Install on the threaded part of the stud, a nut, a lock washer and
> another nut
> and tighten it good and tight, using an open end wrench on the nut
> closest to
> the head and a box end or socket on the furthest out nut. Line up the
> flats of
> nut and use an external star type lock washer if you can but it will
> probably
> make no difference. Once the flats of the nut are in line, put a socket
> over
> both nuts to get the leverage to thread the stud out.
<snip>

Note that you don't need a lock washer. Two nuts threaded together (you
need to make sure they are tight to each other) is all it takes to
loosen the stud. The stud should not be very tight in the head so be
careful that you don't put your full weight on it so you don't slip and
hurt yourself.

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx