Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

OK Matt, I got it out of the head and cleaned the hole out. They had only
put the stud in about 1/2 way,thereby leaving a 1/4 inch extended out
further than it should have been. I re-installed the stud and got it all the
way in.(the hole is only 1/2 inch deep). Hopefully, I will be able to get
the exhaust manifold on the block now and clear the W/P housing with just a
hair of clearance. (that is normal).

My next problem is trying to put the pushrods back into position on all
cylinders. If I take the rocker shaft loose will I be able to get the screws
back into the head with the pushrods in place?  If I could compress each
spring just a bit, they would go into place without loosening the rocker
bolts.

Jay