Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pushrod Installation on 232 engine.

Jay,

I am hesitant to get into this discussion, but will
respond anyway since it is Easter Sunday and everyone
else is probably doing family things.  My sons are
grown and not at home any more so.....and since I can
find God in the garage as well as church, here I am.

If you are talking about a shaft rocker system, you
can remove the whole rocker system as an assembly, as
you know.  The four? mounting bolts are on pedestals
near the ends of the shaft. After removing the rocker
shaft assembly.  Insert the pushrods in each hole and
try to ensure that they are seated in the depressions
in the lifters.  Put a large rubber band around each
group of six of the rockers.  You will need two rubber
bands to hold all of the rockers.  The rubber bands
will tend to hold the rockers in place (in the
vertical plane) while you reinstall the rocker shaft
and position each pushrod under its appropriate
rocker.  Made sure the oil drain holes are on the
bottom of the shaft when you reinstall the rocker
shaft.  Inspect each pushrod/rocker assembly carefully
as you bolt the rocker shaft back onto the pedestals
and torque it to specs.  I can fax you the pages at
work tomorrow out of the 1966 TSM if you give me a fax
number.  It's been awhile since I assembled a shaft
rocker engine, and the above is from memory.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA