Re: [Amc-list] ACID FREAKS :

>hey guys, thanx for the info on the dipping. could the prevailing
weather conditions play into the results of dipping??? i live in the
deep south and, of course, everyone knows the weather conditions here
affect metal differently than those of, say, the southwest. however i
go, i'm actually considering weather conditions (humidity) in
scheduling the work.

should i decide on blasting, suggestions on the media???

ray from springville, al.

<>

Blasting is a good idea - which is the way I'll go
along side using that Rust Remover rinse.

Ray - look for an Airport near you - call around as to
who and where painting Aircraft takes place.

'Plastic Media Blasting' is used on Airplanes - doesn't
damage or heat the Alum. skin.

In your case - it is the body highlight creases - high points
in the steel stampings you're trying to preserve.

Bodymen worth their salt - use Body Tape over the crease highlites
when sanding the shell - this way they don't grind down or 'mush'
the contours - talk with a Body Shop Supply as to type of Tape to
use.

Weather:

If you've indoor or carport storage - out of the rain -
shouldn't be a problem - except for flash rusting -
which you can protect from using a Phosphate rinse.

I'd call that Rust Remover Supply place in New Jersey -
think there is an 800 number on site - talk with
him about your procedure if you're interested in
rust removal yourself.

AMC shells are galvanized - something else to consider
before using a caustic solution on the metal.

Take a look :  www.corroless.com

this is the paint I'm using to seal up the cars metal -
for 'humidity prone' applications .

you near my 'Spiritual Home'  - Talladega Superspeedway?

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"