Reply to a battle weary AMC vet.

To the mix....

Believe me I understand. Thanks for the reply. I have also been with the
AMC hobby for over 20 years and I have owned 6 (now 7) Gremlins.

I understand how you (and others) could have felt going to shows with the
200 point cars off the trailers. I wish we could have a class for the best
USED cars ... but in the past when any club has tried this someone tries to
put a unused car (trailer queen) in it to win. I have seen some guys that I
know for a fact that they are driving the car all the time... go without
getting an award because people don't believe that you can have a nice car
that is driven. Some times you just can't win! So just go with it. Enjoy
the fact that we are all different and don't let the guy with all the money
bother you. He may not have any other enjoyment is his/her life other than
the car... that is why they put so much money into it. Let's face it ...
after all, it is all about money on many of these cars. I could hire
someone to do all the work on my Gremlin and you would probably never know
it, but I would! I like working on the cars. Once it is done I know what I
have and I don't care what other think. Sure, I have my cars judged...
because I want to learn more about making it better MYSELF. It is all in
how you look at it mix.

You probably did the right thing and started a new club. But give some of
us (AMC Clubs) another chance. It is the people that make a club .... if
you want to change things you have to be a part of it.

I hope to see you ... and talk with you ... GREMLINS FOREVER!

In the time to come ... try to be positive to all the new comers to the
chat and the hobby. They are our future we don't want to turn them off.
You seem to have been burn. I hope that won't happen again.

Matt