Re: [gremlintime] Re: Kenosha 2002

Thank you, Matt for the refreshing pep-talk. I have been an AMC owner and
enthusiast for almost 30 years. I have owned 6 Gremlins during that course of
time and I also participated (and continue to participate) in numerous car
clubs. The first club I joined in 1974 was the Javax Cleveland AMC Club, boy
was I surprised to find out that if I had an AMX or a Javelin I would have
been in with the 'in crowd' otherwise the small group of us with Gremlins,
Ramblers and Hornets were the second class members. All of us worked very
hard to put on good competitive events, however, this club was most
interested in rally racing and doing everything better than the local
Corvette Club. And that was too bad, because it really could have done more
for everybody. As for wanting to have a good, pleasant time at Kenosha, I
certainly wouldn't want to dash anyone's plans. However, I believe it's
important for everyone to be aware of all that goes on. The reason there's
another AMC club here in northern Ohio is that myself and four other AMC
enthusiasts got together about 10 years ago to help preserve the memories and
the marque in this area, but we wanted to keep it simple. We do one club
event every year and have a quarterly newsletter and keep our dues
reasonable. Most of us that visit gremlintime share this unique comradery by
owning Gremlins, and that is what makes us different from the rest of you AMC
folks. Just be aware that if you join me in Kenosha this summer that we will
still be the 'odd guy out', no matter how friendly everyone is. I will put a
note on my windshield stating that I'm associated with this group. So come
and join me, and we'll have a great time. The Mix

Ps If anyone decides to spend the extra $15.00 for the judging fee, be
aware that your car had better be perfect because the judges don't care if
you've driven 700 miles (dodging stones or rain or a#%hole motorists) or you
just pushed the "trailer queen" off your enclosed car carrier. Please don't
get mad at me, I'm just telling the truth.