Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Fuel Pump Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Fuel Pump Question

I remember years ago we were on vacation in a 49 Ford and the thing would mess up going up a hill but would run fine on flat ground. Dad found a garage that stayed open 24 hours a day in Knoxville, Tn. I think. Been a many of years ago. I don't have a clue on how they figured out it was the fuel pump. I doubt if it is your fuel pump but if I remember right they are not but about $15.00 and they are not much trouble to change out. One good thing about it you can change out a lot of parts and most are easy to get to and still not spend all that much money. My son has a Ford Contour and they want around $500 to replace the water pump. You have to pull the engine to get to it.
Terry

GrublinX@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am trying to rule out fuel pump issues with the Pacer 258. I checked the fuel pressure yesterday and it is pushing a solid 8 PSI. I figure that's good, is it?
Second question, is it possible for a fuel pump pressure to fluctuate -- where maybe it was good when I tested it but can drop below an acceptable PSI without notice, say like when cruising along up a steep hill?

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games. __._,_.___