[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

Yes, that filter might have had just enough crap in it to effect the
performance. Another thing that keeps coming up in the group is
possible vapor locking on many of our cars. Just because the fuel
line is right where the factory put it, does not mean that it is not
too close to a heat source. You may have to reroute the fuel line so
it is further away from the heat source. But try this first: wrap the
fuel line with plastic wire loom that is slightly larger than the gas
line. This will insulate the fuel line a bit from the heat, and you
could even buy the colored wire loom if you wanted something besides
black. If you think that the plastic loom will melt because it is too
close to something,,,,,, then the fuel line is too close to that heat
source and should be moved. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrublinX@... wrote:

> In a message dated 6/10/2007 11:15:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> baddassgremlin@... writes:
>
> Besides, the old one is probably dirty anyway, put a shiny
> new one  on, this IS the WIFES show car ! ! ! ! Spare no
expense ! !

> Mr. Bob, you are a hoot!
> The fuel pump that is on the car was obviously changed in the not
too
> distant past. I say this because it is a bit more shiny than the
rest of the  engine
> parts. (Not that this means it's good.) After I checked the
pressure I  took
> the filter off to see if it was clogged. I wiped it down and blew
through  it,
> spraying it's contents all about the planet. Funny thing, after
wards I took
> my dad for a ride so he could experience the car acting up. OF
course, it ran
>  fine! I suggested that maybe there was a piece of "whatever" in
the filter
> and I  blew it out. He just laughed at me. I am going to take it
out this
> afternoon and  run it to see what happens.
>
>  Charlie
>
> "Cool Factor  X"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional